An Update

After posting almost daily from January through April 2021 and twice per week from then on, I halted posting on both my blogs on August 2. The reason for this was that I wasn't proud of the quality of the majority of my content. There were only three posts that I was proud of (this one, this one, and this one). Most of the content was focused on commonplace retailers (CVS, Walgreens, Weis, and GIANT Food Stores are some good examples). Don't get me wrong: this stuff interests me. But I feel that it's better for a site like Flickr, as there isn't much research involved in these posts. The first hundred or so posts started with the exact same format: [Store #], located at [address] in [city, state] opened in... Not only are these posts boring for the reader, but also for me while writing. I cannot stress this enough. I HATE this content. 

So, from now on, there will not be a posting schedule. I want to aim for one post per month, but I can't promise anything. I also hope to find a site similar to Flickr where I can post all my photos (you may be familiar with my Weekly Digest series, but that lacked the social aspect of Flickr that I loved). Maybe I'll create a new Flickr account, but I have no clue as of now.


- Coleman (writer)





(also, I created an image editor and would really appreciate it if you would check it out)

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're not proud of your earlier content. I certainly look back at my early blog posts and cringe, but I can also appreciate the growth and improvement I (think!) I've had. I also understand and support not adhering to a set posting schedule -- that can kinda take some of the fun out of the hobby, especially if it puts stress on you to get a post out by a certain time. I feel bad that I haven't had time to write a new blog post for a couple of months now, but at the same time I just don't think forcing myself to do it would be beneficial to anyone. However your content and content schedule look going forward, I'm glad you're sticking around and looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, posting schedules can get annoying. I feel like adhering to one just made posting feel like an annoyance sometimes, especially when I'm not necessarily in the mood for writing.

      Delete
  2. I can only say the same thing for my content, though most of my "commonplace" retailer images rarely go anywhere online (save for exterior images on Bluepages). Except for the volumes on Retail Regents Carts, too little or no research/commentary results there not being a post on the subject. And posting schedules are just a waste - do you really want to feel like an office worker needing that report ready before your shift is over? Not happening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have any comments, questions, or suggestions? Please feel free to leave a comment! Comments are welcome on all posts as long as you do not post any malicious links. Please do not swear or say anything offensive in your comments, we reserve the right to remove any comment for any reason.